On the first day of the 36th Kagyu Monlam Chenmo, after conferring the Sojong vows, HE Goshir Gyaltsap Rinpoche visited the Mahabodhi Temple. As is the tradition, he made offerings to the golden Buddha before visiting the Great Nyingma Monlam, which is taking place concurrently with Kagyu Monlam.
1. The Mahabodhi Temple Bodhgaya, 7.30am on 14th January, 2019.
2. HE Gyaltsap Rinpoche and entourage arrive at the Mahabodhi Temple grounds.
3. In the main shrine room, Gyaltsap Rinpoche offers prayers for the peace and well-being of all sentient beings.
4. Every day of Kagyu Monlam, it is traditional to offer a set of robes and 7 bowls of offerings to the golden Buddha.
5. Rinpoche visits the Nyingma Monlam and offers a katag at the throne of the late Head of the Nyingma School, Kathok Getse Rinpoche.
6. He also stops to offer prayers at a photograph of Kathok Getse Rinpoche, who died tragically in an accident in November 2018.
7. Gyaltsab Rinpoche greets Muktsang Rinpoche from Penor Rinpoche’s Palyul monastery.
8. Gyaltsab Rinpoche greets Minling Khenchen Rinpoche, the abbot of Mindroling Monastery.
9. Touring the Nyingma Monlam.
10. Touring the Nyingma Monlam.
11. Gyaltsab Rinpoche leaves the stupa to return to the Kagyu Monlam Pavillion where he will give the first session of teachings on Geshe Chekawa’s Seven Points of Mind Training.